Experienced North Carolina trusts and estates attorneys
With 30 Years of Estate Planning Experience, Clark, Newton & Evans, P.A. possesses in-depth knowledge about all aspects of trusts and estate issues, including:
- Estate planning
- Estate tax issues
- Executorship duties
- Living wills
- Living trusts
- Probate and will disputes
- Wills drafting and execution
The experienced attorneys at Wilmington’s Clark, Newton & Evans, P.A. can advise you on the best approach to your estate planning. We thoroughly analyze your estate and strategize the best means of transferring your assets, minimizing taxes, establishing guardianship for your children, supporting personal philanthropic causes and protecting your loved ones. We can draft a will that reflects your desires and establish living trusts if they would be beneficial to your estate.
Our attorneys apply their extensive knowledge about North Carolina probate court to guide you through the complex process of probating a will. We assist executors in all steps of the process, including:
- Creating a plan of action to probate the estate fairly and expeditiously
- Filing the will with the probate court in North Carolina
- Closing and opening bank accounts
- Transferring assets from the deceased to the estate
- Valuating the estate
- Managing and liquidating assets as appropriate
- Paying taxes and other debts
- Locating beneficiaries
- Hiring professionals and experts when necessary
When disputes occur between beneficiaries, we help to successfully represent your interests. Our North Carolina attorneys have the extensive knowledge to challenge invalid wills or to defend valid wills against the improper assertions of dissatisfied beneficiaries. Skillful mediators and litigators, our attorneys can negotiate between beneficiaries to preserve relationships or fastidiously pursue your rights in court when necessary.
Call Clark, Newton & Evans, P.A. at 910-762-8743 today to schedule a free initial consultation or contact us online.